Polaris Office is an all-in-one productivity suite developed by Infraware solutions for Android and Apple devices. It lets you create or edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint and even PDF files with ease on the go. It not only lets you produce professional level documents, but also lets you keep data organized.
Polaris Office is a powerful application that maneuvered the wide spread of BYOD (Bring your own device) trend, a policy of permitting employees and students to carry their laptops, Smartphones, Tablets and other such devices to the workplace, with the aim of improved productivity. The trend which was once facing shrivel due to compatibility issues started to sprout again through Polaris Office.
What is Polaris Office?
There are a number of third-party offices Suites available on app stores which can open Microsoft Office documents, for example, Office Mobile. But these applications lacked advanced editing options that we find on MS Office on Windows PC. It was Polaris Office who introduced a satisfactory editing platform for the first time on Smartphones. It can work with all Microsoft Office formats and the well known PDF format.
Triggering the application will first lead you sample Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents on which you can practice editing. You will find a bunch of tools well arranged on top of the screen such as image and table insertion functions, undo, redo, etc. You can even import quick snaps taken using the camera. Right side of the screen is allotted for formatting options, in which you will see text formatting options such as paragraph, color, font, etc. In short, you are given quick access to everything you need.
Why do I love it?
Polaris office lets you carry your office wherever you go with its wide range of supported formats and advanced editing capabilities. Whatever docs you open with this app will be backed up both on cloud and local storage. It lets you work both offline and online on the same document. Through the latest version which supports Google Chromecast, one can now easily display office docs, slideshow presentations and spreadsheets directly from your device onto a display connected with Chromecast.
Polaris Office is well-optimized for both Smartphones and Tablets. It can not only work with Microsoft documents but also Apple’s numbers, Pages and Keynote document formats. Revisions made on documents will reflect on cloud also automatically. Email file attachments and free cloud storage are also provided with this Office suite. If you are not satisfied with default cloud storage, you can download and edit files from other major cloud storages like Drop Box, WebDAV, OneDrive, uCloud, Google Drive, etc. without any restrictions. If you have Polaris Desktop client on PC, you can even make avail important documents on handheld devices through simple drag and drop method.
Polaris Office 5.4.6 Features
Here are the 15 main features we love in Polaris Office!
- Create and edit Office documents like Word text, Spreadsheets and p slideshows
- Files you worked are automatically saved on both local storage and cloud
- Changes made on local documents will reflect on their respective cloud copies also
- Free Cloud storage and email attachment options
- You can download and edit docs from other cloud services also.
- Take and insert photographs quickly to document using your mobile camera
- Downloadable desktop client for more free Cloud space and easy file sharing with handheld devices
- Support to MS Office formats, Apple document formats and doc/docx, PDF, xls/xlsx, hwp, txt, ppt/pptx, etc.
- Get, edit and save docs directly to external storages like SD card
- Advanced security options to files and password protection for application
- PowerPoint sports 34 incredible transition effects for slides
- 24 beautiful templates for creative minds
- Make your reports attractive with 20 2D/3D chart styles and 173 supported shapes
- Excel supports over 300 functions and quick data calculation
- Multilingual support – German, English, French, Russian and more
You can view more features here: product here
Before heading to the download button, make sure that your device can run it! Here are the minimum requirements.
Android: 4.0 and up
Apple: Compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod touch devices working on iOS 7 and up.
Polaris Office is a great productivity application for your Smartphone and tablet. It contains a number of advanced tools and functions. It lets you create quality documents without suppressing your creativity. It supports almost all MS Office and Apple formats. You will also get cloud storage with this revolutionary application.
Note: Latest version of Polaris Office comes with advanced document sharing facilities. You can either attach the document with emails or share it with your friend's circle through social networks. Both sharing options are included on a single-pop-up window now. If you are using Polaris Office from phone, you will have to hold the phone portrait.
- Cloud storage available
- Multilingual support in the new version
- Supports a wide range of formats
- Updates only for Samsung Galaxy series