New technologies require new methods for understanding reality, even adapting the classic methodology for learning different subjects. In this case, there are apps that try to improve our learning skills and our access to information, and one of these new software applications is Udacity. This mobile app allows its users to join online courses for free with just a download on your iOS or Android mobile device. This way you will be able to get additional knowledge without any books, betting on a new way for learning.
This eLearning app tool includes several courses for increasing your knowledge about technical fields and other kinds of subjects such as psychology. The application for mobile devices is set for complete mobile learning, providing access to all the content without the need to be connected from another device such as your laptop. This way it makes it easier to start learning whatever you want from the courses already included and developed by professionals on the subject.
How to learn
One of the main attractive points about Udacity courses is that you can manage your time without limits. Although the courses are scheduled for about 6 or 7 weeks, you can all take the time you want in order to complete the classes. At the very least, it is recommendable to study 6 hours per week in order to be successful in each course you take.
Variety and price are the main benefits for using Udacity. You will be able to take Computer Science coursework, algebra, statistics, 3D graphic design, HTML5 programming, Android app programming classes, cryptography or mathematics lessons including differential equations. The requirements depend on the course, starting from beginners up to university-level students. The price for each course is free, which makes them to be completely affordable for those that want to keep increasing their education.
The courses are basically structured around different topics, just like in any formal educational system. The course content is supervised by professional teachers from popular universities all over the USA such as Georgia Tech or Brown University, so the final result is worth a try, adding quality to these free online courses.
Udacity 1.1.2 Features
Check the main features you can get by downloading Udacity:
- Have the freedom to manage your study hours with self-studying seasons
- Learn about a wide variety of courses from computer science to humanities classroom lessons
- Download online classes for accessing them once you are offline
- Take comfortable lessons without being attached to your computer, just access them from your Android smartphone, iPhone or tablet
- Introductory lessons available for robotics, artificial intelligence or functional hardware verification
- Opencourseware features including certifications as in any MOOCS platform
For more information about the system of work, you can check on the official website and learn about their advanced course clicking on this link. https://www.udacity.com
Here are listed the minimum hardware requirements for running this eLearning app:
- Operating System: iOS 7, Android 4.1 or later
- Size: 3.1MB available space and additional for each course